Responding In The Community
When life stories change due to a critical incident or disaster, our dogs assist responders and help people to find a new normal.
Some of the places that Paws for Learning has responded include:
- I-35W Bridge Collapse, Minneapolis
- MN F4 Tornado, Northwood, ND
- School Bus Crash, Cottonwood, MN
- F3 Tornado, Hugo, MN
Paws for Learning teams respond locally, regionally, and nationally.Â We can deploy and partner with existing critical incident and disaster response teams. In such deployments our canine teams can be available to assist the responders as well as the victims as they cope with the effects of an event.
Our response teams have a variety of certifications and training in the following areas:
- Psychological First Aid Human & Canine
- First Aid & CPR
- Personal Emergency Preparedness
- Compassion Fatigue
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Crisis Response Education
We train locally at airports, in hospitals, schools & colleges, on public transit, in shopping malls, sports arenas, at community events and with local fire, police and emergency management.
Paws For Learning works with the following organizations:
- Minnesota VOAD
- Salvation Army
- Minnesota Health Department
- Association of Minnesota Emergency Managers
- MN-HSEM State.MN.US